Thursday, January 31, 2013

Week 3

A blog post is necessary for this week because it seems like my first real REAL week in Milano. I've done so much this week and since this weekend is sure to be exciting (Venezia per Carnevale! and RAVENS IN THE SUPER BOWL), it will merit its own blog post.

Monday (Jan 28)
To start, Monday was my Italian roommate Alessandra's birthday. In honor of it, my housemates and i and another apartment made an American dinner. We had hamburgers and made grilled cheese. We decorated the apartment in happy birthday hello kitty decorations. It was adorable and perfect for the most adorable Italian.

Tuesday (Jan 29)
The following day I spent the afternoon shopping with Sadie and Amanda and then met up and continued to shop with Chris, Brent, Arturo, and AJ. We have some dapper dressing men in this program after our shopping day :) We came back to my apartment and I served (as usual) as the Jewish mom trying to host and feed everyone. We cooked fabulous pesto pasta (I am getting a lil too obsessed with pesto since being here) and drank a bottle of wine.

Wednesday and Thursday (Jan 30, 31)
Wednesday I walked endlessly looking for Instituto di Moda Burgo to have my first fashion design class. For hours I searched in Piazza San Babila and couldn't find it. Not to worry, I was able to soak up Prada, Gucci, and Dolce and Gabbana as I strolled the famous fashion streets of Milan. I got a fabulous panzerotti at Luini (it's actually my third time going because it is just too delicious. look it up: http://www.luini.it/   yumm yumm yumm is all I can say. Plus you can't beat the price ... 2.50 euros!... Amazing!)

Thursday was super exciting. I went to the Instituto di Moda Burgo to have my first fashion design class. EEK how fun. This is me: intimidated much; excited beyond all belief; overwhelmed like cray.  I spent three hours drawing boxes with certain dimensions, aiming to draw symmetrical faces and silhouettes; I was clearly miserable at it, but the teacher, Giovanni, was super nice and encouraging. I met some really cool people there. A guy from American University who took the semester off to come and take classes at Burgo for the semester; and two girls, one from the Caribbean and one from Dubai, who came to Milan to take classes at Burgo. All three of them were so nice to me and I unfortunately didn't get their contact information since I said I'd see them Monday. Unfortunately!!!... it turns out that the schedule for the fashion design classes do not fit into my schedule, so I cannot take the course. Thus I had my one day of being a fashion designer. I don't think it matches my skill set much, but it was fun nonetheless. Why not! I'm in Milan!

Tonight, for Ale's birthday, we went to the Executive Lounge for an aperativo. It was so much fun! It happened to be swing dancing night and so the night was spent eating delicious food, watching seemingly expert or at least very good swing dancers. Super cute! I felt like I was living in the '20s. I wish I had worn a flapper dress; I would have fit right in. Some embarrassing attempts at swing dancing  with Chris and Sadie occurred of course and plenty of photos were taken!

What a day! Well the next few days are going to be amazing! Venizia per Carnevale and SUPERBOWL! Can't wait to tell you all about it.
I PROMISE TO UPLOAD PHOTOS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Peace love and swing dancing,
~ E

No comments:

Post a Comment